Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What's Cooking Lately

Banana Oatmeal Muffin Cups with Chocolate chunks
Well, blogging has been a little slower than I like, but as usual, the cooking has not been. I've been clearing out the pantry trying to get rid of odds and ends, and ridding our fridge of perishable items before our upcoming excursion to Paris (yay!!!). Summer is slowly fading away so we are seeing the beginnings of a new season, and finally new seasonal food. Out with the zucchini, tomatoes and eggplant, and in with the pumpkin, butternut squash, and apple goodness. Below are some of my recent experiments- some successful and some a work in progress.



Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast (whole wheat, of course)


Eggplant "Parmesan" Bake
Courtesy of Clean&Delicious...and a new Muñoz Family Favorite



A kilo of bell peppers acquired at the market...unfortunately many went to waste before I could use them.
But aren't they pretty?



I poached pears for the first time..wasn't super impressed- but I'm not giving up!

  

Carmelized red onion, roasted pepper & artichoke pizza
(yep- a premade crust and I didn't do much except compile it..but gosh it was good!)

Banana Oatmeal Muffin Cups..so good I had to include 2 pictures
(An adaptation from GeenLiteBites which you can find at:
http://greenlitebites.com/2009/03/07/banana-oatmeal-cups-with-chocolate-chips/)
<I added 1 Tbs maple syrup and used plain almond milk> 

I am beyond excited to see what France has to offer- it is uncharted territory for me in terms of cooking..and eating for that matter! Chris says he plans to eat "crepes and quiche between every meal." We shall see.. I'm just hoping the French know a little bit more about breakfast than the Italians! Pictures to come :) Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment